Sunday, November 27, 2011

Yoga

Yoga has always been one of those things that grabbed my attention on and off for brief moments, but those moments quickly passed. After the initial "I'd like to be able to bend like that!" and "Maybe this could be the answer to sleeping well and stressing less" have come and gone, I quickly realise – I don't have the patience or time for Yoga! Anyway, even when I do have the time, the daughter, the dogs, the cats, the friends and the husband (not all in that order of course) are high on my list of priorities. I would much rather be having some fun versus seeking spiritual enlightenment. On reflection, does that make me shallow?


There are those of us however; who feel spiritual enlightenment and healthy fit bodies that can bend every which way gives you the ability to enjoy your other happy moments even more! In fact, there are far more people that receive an element of greater happiness simply by practising Yoga. And then there's Neo – from the aptly named "Yoga with Neo". Why does someone with a law degree decide to leave his successful career and become a Yoga Instructor? He admits that his life has changed completely through Yoga and he has now reached a point of contentment many of us are desperately seeking. So what am I missing? Maybe, I'm not seeing the big picture and deep down somewhere inside there is a part of me that just needs to be convinced!

I have been meaning to get together with Neo for over a year now spurred by several people who had attended his retreats and felt that this was probably something I needed to do. This should give you some idea of the procrastination factor involved with my life. When I do finally make contact and am almost ready to jump in head first, I find out Neo has since moved to the U.S. and now only visits the Marbella area for retreats! Hhmm…, could this be a sign that my life simply doesn't need any more enlightenment? While others may disagree, it would be remiss of me not to be impressed with the way Neo's 21st Century Yoga concept has evolved into a worldwide movement. In just five years his "Journey of discovery" teachings have grown from a one to one Yogic teaching into a globally run network business, oh and by the way, if you're thinking of having a one to one class, you'll have to go on the waiting list for this year! Neo

Comments :

0 comments to “Yoga”


Post a Comment